Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 - A New Year of Hope and Blessings

So today is January 1, 2013 - the start of a brand new year. As I do some reflection, I remember it was this time last year that I felt a strong calling from God for our family to adopt. While it seemed so very crazy at the time, considering our age and the stage of life we are in - yet I have enjoyed so much this path we are taking, despite the "bumps" and "hurry and wait" periods. We've learned a lot about adoption - the good, the bad, and the ugly - and I'm still so very grateful for the path we are on. I've met a whole community of supportive adoptive families which has been a huge encouragement to us. I always say I wish we would have considered adoption sooner but I just didn't feel the call until recently - it's all in God's timing and purpose for our lives, I suppose. ;-)

We were matched with "Little M" a few months ago and I've purposely tried to not get excited about our referral to protect our hearts after loosing "Little R" - but it's so very hard not to. I think about him all the time - I dream about him at night, we pray for him daily, his picture is even the wallpaper on my cell phone. It's amazing how you can love somebody so much before you even meet them. Just like being pregnant with your own child, you dream about what your future will be like with them. Now we are praying that it will come to fruition - and soon!

I've made a video to "Little M" - maybe he'll watch it and get to know our family before we come to get him hopefully this spring...


(Be sure to stop the music at the top of this page to hear the video.)

We thank everyone so much for your thoughts and prayers and for contributing to our adoption. We look forward to 2013 and are praying that our Christmas card at the end of the year has an additional little guy in it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment